Thinking of what to do in the Cayman Islands? Think no further than Camana Bay–a lively waterfront community situated on Grand Cayman, the largest of the three Cayman Islands. It’s spread out over 500 acres and is just a short walk from Seven Mile Beach. With the vast amount of things to do and see, there’s something for everyone, which is why it’s the perfect place to spend spring break!
Camana Bay Town Centre
A continuous bustling of activities and family-friendly entertainment can always be found in the heart of Camana Bay. Shop at world-class boutiques and dine at fine cafes. There is an abundance of regular and annual events that take place in the town, not to mention the unique attractions, lush outdoor spaces, and various local happenings.
Things to Do and See in Camana Bay
● Climb the 75-foot Observation Tower for a breathtaking view, and enjoy the gorgeous underwater mosaics as you go up the steps.
● Shop the boutiques for genuine Camana Bay souvenirs made by the town locals.
● Ride a bike or walk along Camana Way while reconnecting with nature. This 30-foot wide boulevard begins near Seven Mile Beach and is lined with over 100 species of indigenous plants.
● Watch a movie at Grand Cayman’s only cinema. Afterwards, listen to live music as you dance the night away under the stars.
● Shop for and sample homegrown fruit and vegetables at the Farmers’ and Artisans Market. Caymanian art traditions and cultural demonstrations can also be found here.
● View the fountains at The Crescent where dancing water spouts are absolutely mesmerizing.
Camana Bay Activities for Young Children
● Every Wednesday and Saturday, the Imagination Playground offers giant foam blocks, mats, wagons, fabric and crates that allow kids to create their own individual play experience.
● Books & Books presents Story Time every Wednesday and Saturday at 10:30 a.m. Babies and toddlers will enjoy colorful picture books, singing and dancing on Wednesdays, while kids ages four to seven can express their creativity making crafts on Saturdays.
● Located in Jasmine Court, the Interactive Fountains keep toddlers amused for hours as they run in the spurts of colorful water.
If a simple, relaxing spring break is your family’s jam, Camana Bay is for you as well. Grab a picnic lunch from one of the cafes and kickback on the waterfront lawns to watch the boats sail by. It’s easy to see why this town is one of the best holiday getaways. Without a doubt, Camana Bay is the ideal spring break destination.